Thursday, January 12, 2012

move over Martha

 I always said "when I grow up I want to be artsy fartsy."  In fact I said that just last week.  And looky loo I must have done growed up because I did something artsy.  And I came up with the idea all by myself.  Well, strike that last incomplete sentence because I copied it completely from my friend Nicole.  She's the genius behind the BEAN Blog and, next to Martha, the queen of artsy-fartsy-ness.

Chalkboard Wine Glasses

I bought some chalkboard spray paint from Walmart 
and dusted off 2 wine glasses from the back of my cupboard.
Then I taped the heck out of them.
(of course Nicole only taped a teeny area but I knew I would go overboard on the spray paint)

I sprayed 3 coats and let dry for 24 hours.

Today I took the tape off and...

had some fun with chalk.

Our friends are getting married in Key West in March.
Maybe this will be a part of their wedding gift.

Easy, Simple and what a gosh darn great idea.

Thanks Nicole (via Pinterest!)

1 comment:

nicole. said...

omg you sooooo funny. i take complete credit for stealing the idea first ;)

awesome, right?!?!?!