Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am blessed

I am blessed.
Sometimes I get frustrated, sad, angry, and jealous but never do I take for granted all that I have.  I am truly blessed.  My children are healthy and happy.  My husband is a loving and caring father/spouse.  He's a proud provider for our family which allows me to stay home to take care of our children and make our home a warm and happy one.
I need to appreciate all that I have today because tomorrow it could all be taken away.

It almost was 2 years ago.


I have been reminded recently to appreciate all that I have.

A friend of a friend's 6-year-old daughter died last week due to a pellet gun accident.
http://www.thecitizen.com/articles/01-24-2012/no-charges-pellet-rifle-fatality-ptc-girl-6

Another friend recently told me about her friend from college who has a terminally ill 2-year-old child.  Her story breaks my heart.

And to top it off, while watching the Atlanta news today I recognized the building where Matt works (and shares office space with the Israeli consulate.)  It was surrounded by yellow tape and officers in full bio-hazard protective gear.  Full story here.  Although nothing came of it, I'm thankful Matt is working out of town this week.

Life can change in an instant so today and everyday I'm going to try my best to consciously love on and appreciate my family.  (And my friends as well.)

No comments: