Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday is our long day

Tuesday is our long day...or more accurately it's Lauren's long day. She's at school from 7-3pm and then we immediately head out for her new dance class from 3:30 to 4:30.

While Lauren was at school Tyler and I took it easy. We watched a couple of shows (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is his favorite,) played in his bedroom, did some puzzles and finished up with a Littlest Pet Shop birthday party. I'm enjoying my one-on-one time with Tyler during the day.

Once again Lauren jumped off the school bus with a big smile on her face. While she was changing into her dance outfit I asked her the daily questions.

6 Things She Liked About School
1. my friend
2. my teacher
3. my school bus
4. I liked eating snack
5. I liked everybody looking at how pretty my pony-tail was.
6. I liked P.E.

2 Things She Did Not Like About School

1. L: when I left I didn’t really like it. Me: Why? L: Because I really liked school and I didn’t want to leave it.
2. "I didn’t like when I leaved the PE room."

(Today she had her first day of P.E. She said they went for a walk outside and she saw another playground that was not as good as the one she plays on at recess...must be for the older kids. Tuesdays and Fridays are P.E. days)

After school we jetted over to Lauren's new dance class at the GA Academy of Dance. This is a different studio than last year's dance class but is much closer and has a much better viewing area. She is taking the Combo class (half ballet and half tap.) I was pleasantly surprised to find out that four of Lauren's friends are in her class. (Lea and then 3 others we've met through the Mom's club...the most familiar being Abigail (who's made this blog in the past.)) This will be fun for Lauren and also fun for me as I will get to have some company as we watch the girls dance.

Pictures from the first day.
Lauren and friend Delaney are paired up

...and there they go...

It was such a long day that Lauren fell asleep on the 15 minute ride home. Poor girl, she's still getting used to not taking a daily nap/quiet time.
After bath I braided Lauren's hair so she could have pretty waves tomorrow for school. Her and Cat Baby are modeling for me while watching Word World on TV.

Before it was time to read books and get to bed we watched a 3-D movie about the Boosterthon Fun Run that will be held at Lauren's school on the 20th of this month. Some family members may be getting an e-mail soon seeing if they would like to sponsor Lauren. (The kids were challenged to see if they could get sponsors from 3 different states. I'm thinking this may be possible with our family's geographic situation.)

Well I must be going. It's almost time for Big Brother to start and I still haven't watched today's episode of GH. So much to do so little time.

Night Y'all.

3 comments:

brian said...

uh oh. the answers are getting shorter. i want essay form answers from her. she is in school right?

DesignerSam said...

Let me know if you need another sponsor- I know you already have OR and ID, but I'm AL technically if you need another :)

kligers said...

Need a sponsor from Washington?