Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Homesick Heartache

I’ve been feeling quite homesick lately. I know, I know, home is where you make it/hang your hat and all that good stuff …but we are making our home thousands of miles away from our family. We aren’t able to get together every weekend for family cook-outs, see our aging relatives as much as we’d like and we miss births and birthdays and on and on and on….

Don’t get me wrong though, I really love it here and I have many dear friends here but I guess I just get a bit homesick at times. And I suppose it’s not a big surprise that I should be getting homesick about this time of the year. It’s August 5th. It’s been two years today since my Dad died from a heart attack.
No warning…No preparing…No Goodbyes.
Just a 3am phone call from 3000 miles away to let me know.

It’s a homesick heartache I’m feeling tonight.

I miss you Dad!


3 comments:

Claudine said...

Christine-

I'm sorry you are feeling such sadness today....I know it's never easy to lose someone you love so unexpectedly.

Sending you hugs.

brian said...

i miss dad too.

DesignerSam said...

I'm sorry you are homesick... I definitely know the feeling!