Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lazy Dayz

Matt took the weekend off. He did no manual labor...nothing in the yard and nothing around the house. The frequent thundershowers may have had something to do with it but I'm not convinced.

Friday was Matt's Fantasy Football Draft. We had a house full of guys playing poker, grilling out, drafting and drinking. You can be sure that L, T and I booked it outta there. We went to Kylie's house (Lauren's friend from pre-school) for a faux slumber party. I stayed and helped with the painting project, pizza, movie, s'mores and popcorn. It was a ton of fun. I don't have any pictures but I'm patiently waiting for Diane to post about the party on her blog and then I will STEAL the pics from there. (wink)


Here's a random shot of Tyler rocking out with my XM Radio.
Speaking of Tyler, I try to ask him questions about school but he immediately shuts me down and says, "I'm too tired to talk to you anymore." I will keep on prodding though.

Saturday, we had dinner at Dave & Susan's house. It was pizza night. Susan tried to score some "best Mommy" points with my kids by making them themed pizzas. Tyler had a train and Lauren had a dinosaur...I believe.

Ian, (Dave and Susan's 3-year-old son) had me cracking up. Whenever he got in trouble or someone took one of his toys he would thrust his hand straight out (envision "talk to the hand")and shout "BACKFIRE!!" Susan explained that one day he tried something sneaky and it didn't work out for him. She told him that "that sure backfired" on him. Well Ian took that phrase and ran. It was hilarious. He said it with such passion and it reminded me a lot of the Thundercats. ("Thundercats, HO")
Here the three color together in between "BACKFIRE" episodes.

(In keeping with the pizza night theme I brought an Apple Pie Pizza for dessert. No picture but it was really good so I wanted to include the link in case you wanted to try it.)
Today was the ultimate Lazy Day. Matt watched all his TIVO'd shows and then some and I read the paper and made up my menu & grocery list. I've decided to do my weekly grocery shopping on Tuesdays when Lauren and Tyler are both at school; so I didn't even leave the house today.
This afternoon, Tera came over to play. The three played very well together and they played hard. L and T are VERY tired right now. In fact I hear them crying in the bath...which I should take as my cue to go help their Daddy out.

1 comment:

brian said...

i love the backfire. picturing it in my head brings a smile to my face. lol.