Sunday, August 9, 2009

1st Day of School and Weekend Recap

First Day of School
(I went to snap the obligatory "first day of school picture in front of the door" but my camera battery was dead!! I threw the battery in the charger and took this horrible photo with our ancient camera)
While Lauren was at school Tyler and I went to Jump 2 It.


He had fun and displayed an amazing amount of energy.
Naturally, he became parched.
Back home we waited, and waited, and waited
for the school bus to arrive.
finally!and sure enough my smiling little girl was safe and sound
and SOO EXCITED about her first day of school.
Emma asked if Lauren could come over to play and I said sure but I needed to be de-briefed first. Here she is giving me the scoop on her school day.
She was starving so as she was scarfing down raisins and graham crackers she told me about her day.
1. The school bus was her favorite part. She doesn't want to ride any other school bus but the one she did today.
2. They learned about respect and how to walk down the hall correctly with zipped lips.
3. They played on the playground with only their class. She made a new friend and played with her on the playground but she didn't play with Tera.
4. She didn't need any help with her lunch. She was able to open her applesauce, string cheese and put the straw in her chocolate milk all by herself.
5. She wrote her name "hundreds of times."
and I think that about covers what she told me. I will be grilling her everyday though for more information. =)
Overall, She Loves School!
and then it was off to play with Emma.
They showed up at my garage door awhile later and I gave them Popsicles to enjoy
Friday night we had the Hancocks over for dinner. Matt was glad because he got to eat meat tonight. (I've been on a vegetarian kick this week.) We had grilled chicken and rice with Aji Sauce. (Tia Mili's recipe)
On Saturday, Daddy and Lauren headed to Lowe's to build a Powerboat in their
She came home from the FREE event not only with a Powerboat she built but also an apron, safety goggles, certificate of completion and a patch for her apron.
Lowe's offers these children's programs twice a month. Matt said he saw one kid with over 10 patches on his apron. Next time we'll both go and bring Tyler too.
On his way out Matt asked if he could have another boat kit for Tyler.
Back at home the men got right to work on it.
Later Saturday afternoon Emma came over to play.
This was their chosen method of watching a show on TV.
...to each their own...Saturday evening we had Miss Olivia come over to sit with the kids while Dave, Susan, Matt and I went on a double date. Dinner and a movie. Yay!!
We started off at Uncork'd in downtown Newnan.
The food was good, the company was excellent but everything else was a little off. I think it had everything to do with the "outhouse"smell that greeted us when we walked in. hmmm.
After dinner we saw 500 Days of Summer.
It was funny and creative...I liked it.
After the movie we stopped in Wings-N-Things on the way home.
Here's Dave showing the dueces.
Do you think the employees were trying to tell us something?
(it's a little dark in the picture but all the chairs are turned up on the tables)
We asked when they closed and they said 10pm.
Weird since we walked in there at about 10:30.
It was a fun evening and we are sure to do it again very soon.
Maybe we'll let the guys pick the next movie. =)
And that concludes these highlights of the First Day of School and the Weekend Recap.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Nice photo of Dave. I just sent him the link so he can check it out! It was a fun night, but I was so sleepy all day Sunday. Can't wait to do it again!