Monday, August 3, 2009

conversations with the darlings, a two part act

Scene #1
Setting:
In the car in the parking lot of Walmart. Car and A/C is turned off, we are sweltering and yet going over the expected rules of behavior before we enter the store. (actually you really don't need to behave in Walmart but I see it as good practice for the kids none-the-less)

Characters:
Tyler
Lauren
Mommy (Me)

Me: [threatening] If you two don't behave in the store and listen to me then that means you are tired and you will both take a nap when we get home.
Tyler: [wisely] (silent)
Lauren: I know you say that but even if we are naughty then you will forget and we still won't take a nap.
Me: [in my head] Oh yeah, little girl?!?!... [still in my head] goodness sake she's probably right.


Scene #2
Setting:
I'm in the kitchen making up pizza dough.
Tyler and Lauren are in the playroom.

Characters:
Tyler
Mommy (me)

Tyler: (yelling from the playroom) Mommy, will you go upstairs please?
Me: [curious] Why do you want me to go upstairs?
Tyler: [adamant] I just want you to go upstairs for a long time.
Me: [quite curious indeed] What are you going to do?
Tyler: [matter-of-fact] I just want to knock this down (pointing to his Market Playhouse that I told him not to knock down.)



I Love These Clever Kids!!

The End.

2 comments:

brian said...

haha. i like this.

kligers said...

I've been thinking about guys quite a bit over the past week or two and have read through some of the blog archives. Glad to see your updates. Do you have an e-mail address so I can send you more of an update and catch up with you?