Friday, August 7, 2009

The Big Yellow Bus

My baby girl is on her way to school.
We woke up dark and early to catch the 7am bus.
She was so excited getting dressed and sporting her new backpack and lunch box.
She smiled big during all the picture taking.
(Tyler brought out his own lunch box too.) The elementary school neighbors
(l-r: Joshua, Shep, David, Emma, Lauren, Lea)
And then the bus arrived and Lauren broke down into tears.
She got on regardless and gave the bus driver Ms. Linda a big big hug.
Then she sat down in the front row with Lea and Emma and everything was better.
She even called me a "coo coo nut" which assured me she'd be just fine.


When Tyler found out he wasn't going on the bus he also broke down into tears.

And then the doors closed.
And the bus with my baby drove away.

I can't wait until after school to hear all about her day.
While she's at school I think Tyler and I are going to go to Jelly Jumping Beans and have some bouncy fun.

No comments: