Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Fun

We are loving these Summer Days!

Monday, Kylie came over to play. Technically, she's Lauren's friend but Tyler has just as much fun with her as Lauren does. I'm very thankful the three of them play so well together. I have yet to break up a fight or insist they include Tyler in their play.
the Three Musketeers
or more age appropriate...the Three Mouse-keteers
On Tuesday, we made the 30-minute trek into Atlanta to have lunch with Matt. I incorporated this lunch trip into my weekly Trader Joe's visit. We ate at the Mellow Mushroom which is in the same parking lot as T.Joe. Lunch was tasty. I had a whole Greek Salad and everyone else shared a large Pepperoni Pizza. Tyler was so cool...so cool he needed to wear his sunglasses in the restaurant.
He was So Cool! he needed to wear his sunglasses while he napped the whole way home.
This week is a pantry challenge week for us. We're leaving for Destin, Florida on Thursday so I didn't want to buy a bunch of food to just sit in the fridge. Wednesday evening I found a recipe to incorporate ingredients I already had. Hence we had Tomato Egg Curry from my Fresh Indian cookbook. (I'm very happy I included that link because, in doing so, I found out my cookbook is going for as much as $80 on Amazon.com. I bought it on sale for $5.00 at Williams Sonoma. YAY!) Send me ten bucks and I'll give you the recipe to our very delicious Tomato Egg Curry dinner. (wink)
And seriously how could I resist including this picture of Brian, the big Oregon State Graduate!! napping with Cat Baby on the sofa. I guess I shouldn't be surpried since I'm sure all OSU students still have their security blankets. (oh, snap)
Today, Wednesday, Lauren and Tyler had their annual Dr. visits. Dr. Jackson said both kids are doing just fine and that they are the most talented, well-developed, beautiful and smartest kids he's ever seen. (Well he only stated the "just fine" part but I could see in his eyes he meant the rest of it.) Lauren is in the 75% for height and 50% for weight. (long and lean...what every girl wants right?!) Tyler is in the 75% for height and 75% for weight. Watch out Lauren, Doc said it won't be long before he outweighs her. Lauren was the only one to get a shot today. (and she only got one because I elected to give her the Hep-A vaccine...which isn't required, only recommended.) My thoughts...which y'all may argue with...are "better safe than sorry."

This afternoon Lea (pronounced LAY-a) came over to play. First thing, she went upstairs and changed into one of Lauren's outfits. Seriously, I shop at Target and ENJOY hand me downs...I'm not sure what the draw is to Lauren's clothes. But Lea chose a most beautiful outfit and the kids headed outside to play in the sprinklers.

We can water on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays (until they declare a drought again...which I'm sure is soon since we haven't seen a drop of rain in weeks.)
After awhile the kiddos got tired of getting wet so instead of coming inside they grabbed some umbrellas to keep them dry.
Finally they wore themselves out and came inside. ...(the girls) changed into PJs.... and they all had a snack.

It was another Fun Summer Day. Tomorrow after breakfast we'll head down to Destin, Florida for 4 days in a (nearly) beach side condo. I can't wait.

No comments: