Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Potty Training: Do or Do! update

Tyler woke up at 7am. I took off his diaper and put on big boy (Thomas the Train) underpants. He sat on the potty every 30 minutes and attempted to go. At 12pm I got Tyler a sippy cup of water to speed things along. Finally!!! Tyler did it!!
At 2:55 EST my little boy went "tee tee" on the big boy potty. We did the potty dance, we did the whole celebration. Tyler got to pick out a special Race Car sticker to put on his frayed (it's been up for months) potty chart. It was Awesome. (I'm very thankful this positive outcome came before any negative outcomes...aka "on-purposes.")

Here he is pointing to his first ever Potty Chart Sticker. About 2 hours later (at 5pm to be exact) Tyler went again!! He just may be a natural.
Here he is pointing to his 2nd ever Potty Chart Sticker. you just have to love the 3 year old smiles


I told him that we could go out for some ice-cream to celebrate. He told me he would rather have some birthday cake. How could I say no? I called Matt up right away (he was on his way home) and told him to stop at the grocery store and buy our sweet boy a darn birthday cake.
He enjoyed every bite.... and he even shared with Lauren....
While I was typing this post the 30-minute timer went off and we had Tyler sit on the pot. The super smart, super big boy went potty again. So not pictured is the 3rd Potty Chart Sticker my big boy put up.
Yay Tyler!!

1 comment:

g.g. said...

LOVE THAT BOY, keep stickers and cake coming and in a few weeks will be able to leave the house for more than 20 minutes..Tell him G. G Is very excited and proud of him.....