Thursday, July 9, 2009

Potty Training: Do or Do!! Day Two

Tyler was exhausted after another successful day of potty training. He has not had one "on purpose" yet. He's actually tired because I'm afraid to put him down for a nap thinking he may wet his bed (I know...no faith.) It didn't help either the fact he woke up (and woke me up) 3 times last night to tell me he needed to go potty. (He actually went 2 out of the 3 times.)
When he woke up in the morning his pull-up was dry.
He's so ready to be out of diapers.
We hung out at home today just to be safe with the potty training. I seem to get a lot done when we can't get out of the house. Today I cleaned out the kitchen cabinets and used my Hoover Wet/Dry Vaccuum on the hard floors.
I also spotted two deer in my backyard. I managed to scare them away before my southern neighbors took them out for trespassing. j/k.
I also was home to recieve a free can of paint from Glidden. One of my favorite blogs I follow (www.wantnot.net) posted about a free paint offering. I took them up on the offer and I think we have enough paint to do the basement bathroom. Matt's excited because now he has a free weekend project.

For dinner we had Spicy Rice and Bean Cakes with a Cranberry Cucumber Salad.



The rice and bean cakes were excellent although they crumbled up a bit. The kids even liked them and Lauren ate two R & B cakes herself. They had some spice too them but it was very subtle. I'm a big fan of spice so next time I will probably add more adobo sauce and possibly another chipotle pepper.
The recipe is below.

Spicy Rice and Bean Cakes
from Better Homes and Garden's "Eat Well, Lose Weight" cookbook
Ingredients:
nonstick cooking spray
1 med. red sweet pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 T. snipped fresh cilantro
1 canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1 t. adobo sauce from canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
1/2 t. ground cumin
4 t. olive oil
1/4 c. light dairy sour cream

Directions:
1. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly.
2. Place black beans in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to bowl with sweet pepper mixture. Stir in cooked brown rice, egg, 2 T. cilantro, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and cumin; mix well. With wet hands, shape mixture evenly into eight patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
3. In the same skillet heat 2 t. olive oil over medium heat. Add half of the bean patties. Cook for 8 to 10 min. or until browned and heated through, carefully turning once halfway through cooking. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 t. oil and remaining bean patties. Serve bean patties with sour cream. If desired, garnish with additional snipped cilantro. Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

brian said...

extra encouragement for T...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgSjPYjIag

Christine said...

That cracked me up! I'll be sure to play it for Tyler.