Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lauren's "log" post and more food...it's all about the food

So to re-cap...Lauren questioned why I was always taking pictures of things, especially pictures of our dinners. I told her it was for my blog. She quickly caught on and decided she wanted to have pictures taken for her own "LOG" too.

Yesterday, right when she woke up she went downstairs and arranged her "friends" for a "log" photo. She then instructed me to take a picture for her "log." So here you have it...Lauren's friends (which includes my own childhood toy, 'da Bunny...who Lauren adores.) To continue with Lauren's "log" day she made dinner for all of us yesterday. She made "Cheese Eggs With Onions and Ham" from her favorite cookbook: Paula Deen's: my first cookbook.
(if you really want the recipe then just enlarge the picture below or just e-mail me requesting it...it's basically EXACTLY what it sounds like.)
Lauren is very excited to be this close to the stove. Tyler is mucho grumpy because I told him he could only watch. (I can only handle one kid at the stove at a time.)
melting the butter
whisking the eggs (she actually cracked them herself!!)
the chef is ready to eat
and eat she did!! She finished her plate.
(Normally she wouldn't eat scrambled eggs mixed with "stuff." But, by letting her cook it she was excited and eager to eat her own dinner. ...good to know...good to know.)

As a reward for Lauren's "chef"-pertise and Tyler's grumpy patience while Lauren cooked dinner, I let them watch yet another movie. Here they are deeply enthralled in the Bee Movie
Lauren is sporting her "Wobble Goggles."
(check out Imagination Movers, especially mover Scott who always sports the Wobble Goggles for more info and understanding.)
Since it's always about the food...let's just continue with that.
Tonight's dinner was Hearty Pineapple Pizza from the cookbook of the week, "BHG: Eat Well Lose Weight"
Hearty Pineapple Pizza
my changes are in RED
ingredients:
1 8-oz can pizza sauce *I used 1/2c. pasta sauce (leftover in my fridge,) added 1/4 water and mixed
1 12-inch whole wheat thin Italian bread shell (such as Boboli brand) *I used 3 6-inch round flat breads instead
1 large green sweet pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 c. thinly sliced quartered red onion
1 8-oz can crushed pineapple, well drained
1/2 of a 3and1/2-oz package pizza-style Canadian-style bacon *I used about 2 oz. Canadian bacon...it was just easier to figure out.
3/4 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Spread pizza sauce on bread shell. **Season and Saute sweet pepper and red onion over medium heat for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Top with sweet pepper, red onion, pineapple, and Canadian-style bacon. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place pizza on a large baking pan.
2. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is heated through. Makes 4 servings.
The pizza was E-Z and de-LISH. We have a whole pizza round left-over for lunch tomorrow since Matt is still out of town. He comes home tomorrow night and we can't wait!!
Tomorrow we have a fun day planned at American Adventures . I haven't been there before so am excited to check it out.

1 comment:

g.g. said...

Tell Tyler he should just be glad Lauren is such a good cook, so if you ever go on strike he will get meals by sister. He did look pretty put out! Thrilled Lauren is using her book/will be a great cook like her mom. Your "Log's" with all the good food make me want to get back ther for some more good food. P.S. G.G. got dumped by 81 year old friend, he will come up next month with his lady friend who wants to go to Wash. So guess I can't upset the neighbors by having a man and his red sports car at my house..Bummer