Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Potty Training: Do or Do!

Dr. Jackson said that Tyler IS old enough to use the bathroom and his lack of interest is HIS OWN choice. I'm not one to let my children choose anything. I run a complete Autocracy in my home. That being said I told Tyler that after Uncle Brian left he would no longer wear diapers because the Dr. declared him a "big boy" at his last check-up.

As of this morning all diapers have been removed from sight. Cleaners and Towels have been brought out to the counter for Tyler to help clean up any "on-purposes." And his bedroom has been prepared for periods of "rest time" following any "on-purpose." If he chooses to go potty in his underwear then that just means he is tired and needs to rest in his bedroom for awhile (after helping to clean up the "on-purpose" of course.)
So far at 12 noon today we are 0 for 0. He's sat on the toilet every 30 minutes but has yet to go. I'm thinking I won't be leaving the house during the day anytime soon.

No comments: