Sunday, June 7, 2009

weekend recap...I'll try to make it sound interesting.

Tyler told me the engine on the TV is named Mavis.
It seemed fitting to get a shot of "Tyler the Train Conductor" (or "Engine Caller" as Tyler kept calling himself) watching a Thomas the Train show on TV.

Saturday we hung out at home. Matt made us a scrambled egg and bacon breakfast. It was good except for the bacon. I bought the 'uncured' bacon from Trader Joes and it just wasn't nearly salty enough for us. What can I say we are sodium freaks when it comes to our bacon.
A good hour after breakfast I took advantage of the cloud cover and went for a humid 3.5 mile jog around our neighborhood. I did 3.5 miles in 34 minutes...which means I average less than a 10 minute mile. Yay! This was my last LONG run before my 5k race I'll be running next Saturday.
For dinner on Saturday,
I made Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato-Soy Ragu.
Everyone loved this.
Matt devoured his pasta and his sauce.
I waited until he was on the last bite to tell him that the "sausage" in the sauce was actually "soy protein crumbles."
(it was a meatless meal night...whatcha gonna do?)
Of course after I told him (and ONLY after I told him) did he say that he could tell something was different and next time I should just leave the protein crumbles out.
Silly Boy.
Lauren and her spinach fettucine mustache.
After dinner we went to Saturday service at church. This was the first service at the brand spanking new church. It's been a few years in the making and we felt proud to be able to attend. It was huge and spacious and the children's area was amazing.
After the kids were in bed Matt and I watched Taken. We were both enthralled and taken aback by the movie. In the end though we decided we would do the same thing if anyone kidnapped one of our kids.
Today, Sunday, we hung out around the house. It was a beautifully hot day so we filled up the kiddie pool and played in it for awhile.
I didn't take any pictures of the kids while they were playing but I did take a picture of the grass they left in the pool.


See the chair? That's where I sat with my new book while the kids played in the pool.
We played until Lauren clocked Tyler (TWICE) in the head with a hard pool toy.
After that it was Time For A Nap.
After nap the kids played in the sandbox.

Tyler wouldn't smile when I asked but he was more than willing to stick his tongue out when I suggested doing that.
I wanted to document Lauren's "favorite outfit." She told me it was her favorite shirt, her favorite pants and her favorite socks (which she found in Tyler's room.)
Doesn't she look awesome?!!

the Crocs most definitely add to the ensemble
This afternoon Matt took a trip to Home Depot to use up some gift cards which have been burning a hole in his pocket.
He bought some stuff to get the basement shower ready to tile. Hardie-Backer and the Shower Pan Membrane. The bathroom down there is definitely coming along...slow but steady.

Here's Matt looking super HOT in his safety glasses.
While he was working hard, I also worked hard. I made dinner from my 20 Minute Meals cookbook (again) while listening to XM Radio channel 56...the (for a limited time) Dave Matthew's Band station.
Dinner was good and it also (just barely) passed the Matt test. He said it was Almost too salty...but not quite. He's quite the critic, no?
Tilapia with Spicy Tomato Sauce over brown rice & a bizkit
I loved this meal but you'll be hard pressed to find a meal that I don't like
...unless of course...
it contains peanuts of any form: wal-NUTS, pine-NUTS, almond-NUTS, coco-NUTS etc. etc.
Currently the kids are in the bathtub and later tonight Matt and I will watch
Tomorrow he goes into work and then Tuesday the family will accompany him on a work trip to Montgomery, Alabama.
If any of y'all have ever been to Montg'mery and have any suggestions...
please send them my way.

No comments: