Saturday, June 27, 2009

Uncle Brian, Thomas, and Friends

We are loving our time with Uncle Brian. And it appears he's lovin his time here as well.
Just look at that cute smile.
Ladies??????
He's an excellent bedtime story reader!
or Is He?
Remember, he did graduate from OSU.
(sorry Brian, although it's getting old, I just had to get another Jab in)
I guess we'll just call him a good reader.

On Friday we spent some time with our friend Lea.
They were watching a "favorite show" but they all knew the rule:
We Only Eat Snacks in the Kitchen
and isn't this the Most polite, Most adorable snack eating crew you've ever seen?!
That evening Lauren, Tyler, Matt and I left Uncle Brian alone at home
to see....[drum roll]...
Thomas and Friends LIVE: A Circus Comes to Town
at the Fox Theatre.

I think the kids really enjoyed themselves.
Tyler had his eyes glued to the stage the whole time.
Lauren, however, told me her favorite part of the evening was getting ice-cream at
after the show.
Dora is coming to town next month...perhaps we'll try again then.
We woke up this morning to about 90 degree weather so we decided to "enjoy" the heat
at the neighborhood pool.
We were greeted by our friend,
"the Biggest, Ugliest, (First EVER!) Cock Roach I've SEEN!!"


We tried to get him off the umbrella but he refused and dug his claws in...so we let him stay.
Meanwhile we had Tons and Tons and Tons of fun (far away from him) in the pool.
Turn your head side-ways to see Lauren being tossed into the air.
more pics of watery fun


I spent most of my time on the side of the pool taking pictures and talking to a friend.
While I did this, I managed to Seriously Fry the tops of my legs.
(who knew the legs needed sunscreen too?!)
Ever since, I've been relaxing on my sofa with a nice and cool bottle of Aloe Vera gel.
This evening Matt and Brian FINALLY got a poker game together. Brian has been requesting one since he arrived and tonight they've rounded up enough friends to play. I believe they've dedicated this game to the late Michael Jackson....because on the main floor I have heard the bass and vibrations of Billie Jean, Thriller and many other MJ hits.
Lauren and Tyler really wanted Tera to come play today and lucky for them....she was available.
They have been having so much fun with their friend.
They even settled down in my bedroom
to watch CARS, just long enough for me to get this picture.

No comments: