Friday, June 5, 2009

maybe a good title will come to me as I type this post

Thursday morning (after the sneaky snack break) I dragged the kids to K-Mart. I needed to buy a couple of cheap pillows to fill my new King Size pillow shams I recently bought for the guest bedroom. This trip to K-mart and especially the fact that my children performed WWE Wrestling while in the store brought back memories from my past. I remember INSISTING that I remain in the car while my Mom did her K-Mart shopping. (for fear someone from school would see me.)

Why, oh why, is it not okay anymore to leave the kids in the car while I do some quick and painless shopping?

Since I couldn't leave them in the car, I eventually succumbed to their begging and pleading and ended up buying them a $7 Slip-n-Slide. (to my credit, however, I was planning on buying them this ever since playgroup at Ms Carey's house.)


After our K-mart trip/fiasco we picked up Kylie (Lauren's friend from school) to come home with us to play. The three kiddos were on the go the entire time so I was amazed that I actually got this shot of the 3 of them sitting still on the sofa.


Lauren had so much fun playing with Kylie that she can't wait until they can get together again. Maybe this coming Monday.

This morning I woke up with the kids. (no way were they going to have free range of the pantry!!)
We played some dress up this morning. Tyler dressed himself as a Southern Belle.
(have I mentioned he needs some little boy friends?)
and Lauren discovered another pair of sparkly pink flip-flops for her to wear.

she also found one of my old watches to decorate her outfit.
I've been waiting for this day when she wants to accessorize with my old jewelry.

Lauren wore the watch to Trader Joe's today.
The closest Trader Joes is about 30 minutes away from our house. We tend to visit every Friday to take advantage of their low prices on cereal, bananas, chicken sausage, bacon, vanilla soy milk, agave nectar and of course, vino. I love Trader Joe's and can't wait until they come to their senses and open a store much closer to my house.

This evening, while I cooked dinner, I sent Matt out to set up the Slip-n-Slide for the kids. Even though it was only 77 degrees, mostly a cloud cover and a chilly breeze...the kids didn't care. They had a blast sliding down the hill on the slip-n-slide.

Apparentally they became thirsty after all their playing.



Dinner tonight was Spiced Turkey Burgers with Yogurt and Chutney.
I served it with Brown Rice and Sauteed Mushrooms.
It was DeLish.
isn't the picture below too cool? Lauren, absolutely DID NOT catch the ball like this but what an AWESOME shot?!


I believe this is a picture right after Tyler threw a super fast shot right into one of my potted plants.

Daddy's trying to teach him a lesson here. =)
I don't know what Lauren is doing here....
(she did dress herself after changing out of her swimsuit)
Tyler, however, changed himself into a Train Conductor.
He was busy on his "Walkie Talkie" for the rest of the evening.
And since I haven't come up with a better title for this post, please don't think I'll come up with a creative ending. All you're going to get is a...
And that's ALL FOLKS.

No comments: