Thursday, June 25, 2009

Double Feature Wednesday

Lauren and Tyler saw their first movie in a movie theatre yesterday. The local Cinema offers a free PG movie and a free G-rated movie every Wednesday and Thursday during the summer weeks. This weeks G movie was Horton Hears A Who. Our playgroup decided to see the movie instead of meeting at one of our houses this week. I thought this would be the perfect movie since the kiddos have already seen it and I knew it would hold their attention.

Here they are settled in and waiting for it to start.
(Blankie and Cat Baby are not pictured but played a huge roll in keeping the kids quiet.)

Tyler sat on my lap for most of the movie for the movie but for the last 30 minutes he sat by himself. The two did wonderful. They were quiet, they whispered and they watched the Entire Movie. I snuck some snacks in so that helped too, I suppose.

The rest of the day was spent playing with Uncle Brian. He's so good with them and they absolutely love him. Despite the Oregon State t-shirt & degree...he still somehow learned to read.
Later in the afternoon we had a new baby-sitter come over to watch the kids. We saw Olivia and her mom (a Bunko friend) at the neighborhood swimming pool and Olivia expressed how much she would love to baby-sit. Who am I to squash any baby-sitters dreams?! We had Olivia come over about 30 minutes early to hang out with the kids while we were still there. They instantly connected and Tyler was taking her by the hand to show her this and that and anything he could think of to keep her attention. She's a natural and we'll be seeing much more of her.

Soon Matt, Brian and I were off to dinner and a movie. We chose Ted's Montana Grill for dinner because that sounded "Atlanta" to us (we want to expose Brian to all things Atlanta/Georgia) and we also had a $10 off coupon. Dinner was good, although I only found a couple things on the menu that I was interested in ordering. I ordered the crab cakes and they were light and delicious. I guess I'm not that into Bison which the restaurant is famous for. After dinner we still had some time to kill before our movie started so we found a bar by the theatre and had a couple of drinks.

Brian

Matt aka Puppy Dog Face?

Finally we made it to our movie. We saw "The Hangover." This was pretty funny but from what I heard about it I thought it would have been better/funnier/more disturbing. It reminded me of the movie "Very Bad Things" and that's a hard movie to compete with. That's my ultimate definition of a disturbing Vegas bachelor party movie. =)

***the kids' thoughts on Olivia***
they loved her. She took them outside to play tag, they watched Lauren's dance DVD together and they had 2 medium scoops of ice-cream each as a snack. She asked great questions before we left and when we returned the house was picked up and the dishes were in the sink....she's The Perfect Baby-sitter. If any reading this are local and looking for a sitter I highly recommend this very mature almost (in 2 weeks) 13 year old!!

No comments: