Thursday, April 9, 2009

When I Grow Up...

Before Lauren revealed to me her "When I Grow Up" desires, I let the kids watch a Thomas the Train movie in the basement while I pounded some serious rubber on the treadmill. Tyler didn't want to watch the movie from the simple basement chair so he did some prep work and added his own little monogrammed "Tyler" chair. Much more comfortable, don't you agree?! Lauren preferred a pile of blankets on the floor to a comfy chair.

and as you all know...sitting does take its toll and standing eventually becomes the preferred method to watch Thomas the Train.

After my workout and shower we all ventured out to return the movie and library books and also to pick out a present for Casey's birthday party tomorrow. (Casey is a friend of Tyler's...she's in his weekly playgroup.)
On our way to Target to pick out a present we saw an Ambulance with its lights on speed through a Red Light. Lauren was very concerned as to why the ambulance was able to run a red light. She told me that when she grows up she wants to drive an Ambulance so she can go through the red lights too. (at this point she's much more interested in running the red lights than saving people who are in trouble.)
When we got home Tera came over to play.
Dinner tonight was Chicken, Mushroom and Spinach Stir-Fry (Inspired by PF Chang's)
from To Meat or Not to Meat


Although the picture looks heavy on the spinach...the meal was delish. The only thing I would have omitted would be the chicken broth I cooked the rice in. I normally cook my rice in chicken broth to produce that extra oomph but this had enough flavor to cover.
And now I have resigned myself to watch Harper's Island. The plugs for this show have been constantly showing up all over so I feel it's my responsibility to encourage/improve the media industry and do my expected part and Watch The Darn Show! Let me know what you think about the show.

1 comment:

brian said...

is T twiddling his fingers in that first picture? lol