Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

It was a wonderful day to celebrate Easter and all it represents.

The kids woke up to find 2 Easter baskets each. I haven't introduced them to the whole Easter Bunny myth yet so they knew exactly who got them their Easter baskets. Mommy and Daddy got them some candy and each a movie and Grandma Jan and Grandpa Michael stole the show with their baskets full of stickers, plush duckies, candy and the original SLINKY. The slinky provided hours and hours of entertainment today. Thanks G'ma & G'pa!





I thought it would be fun to let them eat their candy to their heart's content. I was curious how much they would eat. Surprisingly,they had a few pieces and then moved on to do other things.

The candy did take it's toll because before long they were acting goofy.
Especially Lauren...


After awhile Chloe HAD ENOUGH of the Easter excitement and decided to escape.

Stupid Cat!
(by Stupid I mean Seriously Way Too Smart For Her Own Good!)

It was a beautiful day today so I made up some cornstarch sidewalk paint and we sketched a few masterpieces on the driveway.

if you can't tell her glasses have some "bling" on the side of the lenses
Even Daddy took some time to enjoy the weather while working on his mini-chopper...it appears he needs to RE-rebuild the carburetor.
Dinner tonight was the Honey Mustard Meatloaves with Roasted Potatoes. I didn't have any honey-mustard so I used Dijonaise instead. The Meatloaves were great. Lauren and Tyler each had a second serving. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before we ate.
Matt and I are about to go down to the basement and watch The Punisher. (oh yeah...this was TOTALLY my choice of movie [mucho sarcasm])
Before we go I'd like to give a shout out to my new friend (I swear he winked at me during Monday's practice rounds.)
Viva Argentina!!
(a reference/congrats to Angel Cabrera and his new green jacket.)

No comments: