Tuesday, April 21, 2009

hopefully they took better shots than I did...

Lauren had her second round of school pictures today. Back in the day (I'm so old now so I can say that) we only had our school pictures taken once per year. But at Lauren's school they get one school picture taken around Christmas time and another in the Spring.

In all of these shots I'm asking Lauren to "smile pretty." Please enjoy my girl "smiling pretty."





While Lauren was at school I set Tyler up in the basement with The Best of Thomas DVD and hopped on the treadmill to continue my half-marathon training. I've committed myself to the Reggae Half-Marathon this coming December in....[drumroll]...JAMAICA. I've got a lot of work to do!
After school Tyler went down for a nap (poor guy) while Lauren went over to Lea's house to play. (From what I heard from Ms. Maria while picking Lauren up...she had a lot of fun and her and Lea played together without any problems/fights/tantrums what-so-ever.)
In the meantime I started in on dinner. I made Majorcan Vegetable Pizza. I made the crust by hand and the whole thing took quite awhile. Since I love Matt so much and occasionally cave into his food aversions...instead of feeding him my eggplant-based pizza I made him his very own Left-over Chicken & Black Bean & Rice and pepperjack cheese pizza. Lucky guy...I hope he realizes this. BTW...the Majorcan Veggie Pizza was pretty good by my standards and only 6 points for 1/6th of the PIE.
Tonight was a bath night. After the bath there was some mishap with the tub jets that I happened to miss. I had gone downstairs when I heard a THUD followed by a little boy voice crying, "I want my Mommy, I want my Mommy." I Never hear this so of course I trotted upstairs ready to swoop my hurting and whining little boy into my arms. He took one look at my welcoming arms and...did a complete one-eighty... and demanded his Daddy. Go figure....
But at least I can still go to bed tonight remembering my sweet little boy's voice crying out for me. ...don't ya just love that?!

1 comment:

Matt said...

thanks for my very own pizza...I appreciate it!