Monday, April 20, 2009

so much excitement...so few pictures

(disclaimer: I'm typing this post while I'm watching today's TIVO'd General Hospital episode. Please forgive me if I space off and occasionally lose my train of thought...I'm SURE y'all understand. In all honesty GH is the only "real" soap there is.)

Well, we've been pretty busy the past few days but the pictures I took just don't do them justice. Here's a brief summary of our latest happenings....

Last Wednesday I hosted playgroup at our house. We had a house full of Tyler's friends. Unfortunately, Lauren missed the whole thing since she was at school. Tyler and his friends laughed, cried, and played with play-dough. Everyone had a blast.
On Thursday I took Lauren to school but I didn't pick her up. Instead Lucky Lauren got to go home with Kylie and play at her house for the afternoon. I picked her up a few hours later and she reluctantly came home.
Friday, Lauren, once again, got to go have fun with Kylie. She went with Kylie's family to K's brother's school carnival. I loaded her up with quarters to buy her heart's desire of popcorn and cotton candy. I remember my school carnivals and they were So Much Fun. I can't wait until I can go to one again.
While Lauren was at the carnival, Tyler helped Matt mow Ms. Connie's yard. Don't tell him that I told you but while mowing with Tyler on the back of the riding lawn mower He Ran Into A Tree!!! how does that happen?!?! I was at my monthly Bunco game so I couldn't protect my son from his crazy Daddy. The mower suffered a crack or two but everyone else was unharmed.
Here's a shot of Matt and Tyler assessing the damage:
Saturday we went to the Sharpsburg Festival. I had volunteered to sit at the Mom's Club of Sharpsburg booth and while I did that Matt (lucky guy) got to take the kids + neighbor Tera all around the festival.
It was a beautiful day (not too hot and not too cold) and I think the kids had a lot of fun. At the Mom's Club booth I took down a lot of people's information. Hopefully we'll be able to get some new members to enjoy in the fun and community of the Mom's Club.
Here are some pics of the kids and Mr. Matt enjoying the festival....

After the festival Matt went to work on his second job. Word got out that he does a mean kitchen backsplash so Mr. Nelson (neighbor across the street) hired him to do a slate backsplash in their kitchen. I've yet to see pictures but Matt should be able to finish up in the next few days and hopefully I'll get a shot of the finished project then. He tells me it looks "Rad."
And to close I'll let your mouth water with an image of our dinner tonight....

I made Creole-Seasoned Chicken with Black Beans and Yellow Rice. I based it on this recipe but I had to change a couple of things. (I didn't have Jerk seasoning and I used chicken instead of the turkey.) It was very good and I added a spinach salad with balsamic to finish off the meal.
and now I'll be focusing my attention back to the TV. Night All.

No comments: