Saturday, April 11, 2009

"I want more blood" said Tyler

I'll get to the title in a minute but first check out this Bea-U-ti-ful B.L.T. sandwich (little bro Brian: that would be bacon, lettuce and tomato. I'll send you the recipe if you want. [wink]) Matt made me this for lunch. I tell ya, I'm one lucky gal.

As I'm looking through the rest of the pictures from today I notice they all include food. So let this be a foodie post.

Dinner tonight was Chicken with Black-Eyed Peas and Rice. I threw this together after we attended the 5pm Saturday night Easter service at our church.
This turned out a bit on the spicy side so I added a dallop of sour cream to the grown-up plates and made a modified version for the kids. See below. The oo-ey goo-ey mess is ranch dip mixed with ketchup. Apparently it's Delicious and AnYtHiNg can be dipped into it!

And here's a shot of Tyler smiling big at the camera (just one second too late.)
In addition to all you saw on Tyler's plate, I also included a Blood Orange. They were on sale at Kroger today. Lauren asked if they really had blood in them. I told her no, they were called Blood Oranges because they were red rather than orange. Both Lauren and Tyler loved them.
After Tyler gobbled his down he loudly demanded, "I want more blo-od (2 syllables for my southern boy.)" So of course, I gave my sweet little vampire "more blo-od."

1 comment:

brian said...

i'll take the recipe! it looks delicious.