Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Two Down, Two to Go

Tyler woke up feeling FINE this morning so off to school he went.
no strep = yes school

Lauren went to school as well but this was her by the end of the school day.

I was at lunch with my friends when I got a call from the school nurse.
She had sweet Lauren in her office with a 102.5 degree fever.
The nurse didn't tell me over the phone but I later found out Lauren went out with a bang.
She got sick THREE times!
1. In her classroom, 2. in the hallway on the way to the bathroom and, 3. on the bathroom floor on the way to the toilet.

I can only imagine the immediate school lock down and emergency clean up that took place.
It was probably treated like a chemical spill.
Lauren told me she was embarrassed but at least she let her classmates have an extra recess.
(Her teacher immediately made everyone go outside to the playground while the cleaning crew came.)
I gave her some Tylenol when we got home and she's been just fine.
We'll see what the overnight will bring.
So who wants to make a bet on the next one to get it?
(hint:  It won't be me!)

No comments: