Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Additions: some cute, some inappropriate

 With her hard earned money (is Birthday and Christmas money hard earned?) Lauren added two new  additions to her happy little American Girl Doll family.

"Chloe" (the blond) and "Taylor" (the brunette)
both became big sisters this week.

Meet "Ethan" and "Lilly"

Welcome to the family kiddos.

Hopefully they will choose to ignore the inappropriate songs that often come home from school.

Conversations after school:

Tyler:  Momma want to hear a song?
Me:  Sure
Tyler:  (to the tune of the Alphabet)

"A-B-C-D-E-F-G, Barney is an enemy.
Stick a pistol up his nose, pull the trigger there he goes
A-B-C-D-E-F-G, Barney is an enemy."

Me:  Who taught you this song?!
Tyler: Jack 
Me:  Sweet Jack?! (one of the smartest and friendliest boys in the class)
Tyler:  Yeah, he just made it up.

Lauren heard this conversation and said she knew a funny song too.  She then started laughing so hard she couldn't get the song out.  She said she didn't want to tell me but she whispered it into Tyler's ear.  Her whisper was more than loud enough for my ears as well.

Lauren's song:
"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Grandma had a gun.
Shot a tree and made me pee
In 1991."   

What's with all the gun references in these elementary jingles?  I don't think I have the patience to home-school but I will if I have to.  Good Grief!

No comments: