Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mommy vs. Foodie Blog

I love being a Mom and I love writing about it.  (My kids are hilarious and easy subjects.)  I also love cooking  but I don't write about that as often.  (The meals taste good but they don't make for entertaining stories.)

I still cook just about every night we are home.  I think all my dinners are pretty tasty and if my family knows what's best for them they will always agree.

This post is dedicated to the Foodie Blogger in me and the pile of recipes I have congregating on my computer desk.

Enjoy the Good Eats from the past few days:

Flank Steak with Bloody Mary Tomato Salad  (this was even better as left-overs the next day)

Jay's Signature Pizza Crust  (I love trying new pizza crust recipes and this one did not disappoint.  Next time I will divide the dough into two pizzas because it over-flowed my pizza stone.)

Farmer's Market Pizza  YUMM!  (Even Matt liked this and he never likes anything without a piece of meat it in.)

Chicken with Corn served over green salad  (I seasoned the chicken well and cooked it in my Foreman grill) (The children ate their serving with some Ranch dressing)  This was a deliciously light yet filling salad.  A total family hit!

Coming Up This Week:

Creamy Linguine with Shrimp and Veggies

Black Beans and Yellow Rice

(maybe I'll even take pictures when I make these meals)

Since I am a Mommy Blogger at heart I had to post this cute picture of Matt reading to the darlings.  I can't believe school starts on Monday.  I'm going to miss my lazy summer days but then I'm excited to get back into a routine and actually get things accomplished!

No comments: