Wednesday, November 24, 2010

'twas the day before Thanksgiving

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed sleeping in this week. As a reward for starting school the first week of AUGUST! we got to take the entire Thanksgiving week off. I LOVE sleeping in until 8am.

Well it's already Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. Today, Miss Ashley and I split our day with the kiddos. Jake and Dylan came over here to play for part of the afternoon. Everyone was on their best behavior and got to enjoy some party time in the basement.

They paused long enough to let me take a picture of the group.
(Tyler, Dylan, Lauren and Jake)

then it was back to crazy, wild, Rock 'n Roll
After I got the children all wacko'd out I sent them across the street to Miss Ashley's house. (sorry Ash!)

With the kids away...Matt and I played.

(just kidding)

Matt actually finished up the never ending basement bathroom! Hooray! Check out the pics:

baseboard molding is (finally) applied

shower fixtures are (finally) installed

shelf is (finally) somehow attached

everything is (finally) grouted, sealed and caulked
I'm not sure why I'm so excited for this project to be finished because it just adds yet another bathroom that will need to be cleaned. It's just been a long time coming. Great Job Daddy Matt.

P.S.
Lauren mentioned yesterday that she doesn't ever get any mail addressed to her personally. (I told her that she actually does get mail sent to her....every Birthday, Halloween etc. etc.) She wasn't satisfied so she drew some pictures and sent them out to some of her favorite people. If you get one of these pictures please know she loves you and all but she is expecting something "addressed to her" in return.

Please enjoy your night before Thanksgiving.l

1 comment:

brian said...

the bathroom looks great. nice job matt!