Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time Change Sunday

I am beat but I still have an hour until it is time for the kiddos to go to bed. Why can't we just remain on daylight savings time all year long?

I was sneaky (or accurate?) and changed the children's clocks back last night and it worked. They stayed in their bedrooms until 7am. (They are not allowed to get up until their clocks say "seven: zero zero") My plan for an extra hour of sleep was a success.

Dinner tonight was based on Rachael Ray's recipe for Buffalo Chicken Stromboli.
I made the pizza dough in the bread machine.

While the pizza dough rests, saute 1c. chopped carrots, 1c. chopped celery & 1/4c. sliced green onions in 1T. butter &! 1T. olive oil until tender.

Add 1 1/2c. chopped cooked chicken and a scant 1/2 c. Frank's Hot Sauce.

Roll out dough into a rectangle (sort of) and add cooled Franks chicken veggie mixture.

top with 1c. monterrey jack cheese and 1/4c. chopped scallions
(also add the 4oz. blue/bleu cheese or forget to add like I did)
((I'd recommend adding the blue cheese.))

Roll up the dough starting with the long sides and tuck ends under.
Brush with egg white and then sprinkle with black sesame seeds (or whatever you want because you won't be able to taste it.)
Pop it in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes and then go downstairs to the basement to check on the boys and kiddos.

Lauren and Tyler wrestle, fight and do their best to distract Daddy and Mr. Mike from watching Sunday Afternoon/Night Football. With three TVs to watch the kiddos don't stand a chance.
Finally dinner is served. Since I forgot to add the blue cheese I sprinkled it on top. (It was a little too strong I think...it would have been better added to the filling.) I also served a side of edamame in the pods.
After dinner we bathed, cleaned up and had our snack...

(yes I am aware Tyler's PJs no longer match nor fit him)
and read our bedtime stories.
Now we are just waiting for BEDTIME. This time change has really messed up my evening planning. I think I'll just go to bed early and enjoy the extra sleep until I get used to the change.

G'night Y'all.

No comments: