Sunday, November 21, 2010

the ends

I've been thinking lately about how quickly life changes, phases end and how doors open and close and yadda yadda yadda. I think I am missing my children's childhood before it has started to really run its course. I'd love for them to be dependent on me forever...but I know that's not the way it is intended.

MeMa and PaPa started me on this train of thought by telling me they couldn't believe how much L and T have changed as they've grown up. Lauren used to be afraid of everyone and everything. She used to cry if I wasn't within arms reach. She's still cautious but she now loves to talk to anyone friendly. And most of the time now she doesn't really care where I am as long as I'm there when she calls for me....to help her find a toy, take a pony-tail out of her doll's hair or help her with an art project. And Tyler, my sweet Tyler, he will talk to everyone about anything until they tell him to stop talking. I sure hope that phase doesn't ever end.

During this season of Thanksgiving, I just want it to be known that I am very thankful for everything that has come my way. I'm a very lucky and blessed gal to have such a great FAMILY: the family I came from, the family I married into and the family my husband and I have created.

Would y'all like some wine with that "cheese?" (wink)

Moving on....
Saturday was the end of Tyler's U-5 Fall Soccer season. He had fun this season and he scored 4 goals. He'll be glad to tell you about them and show you four fingers to represent if you ever run into him on the street.

For all their hard work the soccer players were given certificates and medals. Below is a pic of Tyler receiving his medal from Coach Dave and Coach (Daddy) Matt.

Medal around his neck and after-game snack in hand.
Later that evening I caught Lauren doing this while watching TV (see pic below.) Normally she only does this when she is in her bed trying to fall asleep. It is yet another reminder of a phase which is sure to end.



I am thankful that I have a few more days/weeks/months? to enjoy my daughter in her carefree thumb-sucking days.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

1 comment:

Anne C. said...

I think you should start calling Matt....Coach Daddy Matt....it can be his new hip hop name!