Sunday, May 2, 2010

Welcome to the Month of May

I love the Sun, I love the Spring , I love the flowers and green on the trees, I love the perfect month of May. (Obviously, it's the month of my birth.) Both Matt and I are May babies. I was born years and years and years after him but we are indeed both Tauruses. We each have our stubborn little quirks but we do just fine as long as I always get my way. (wink)

We said farewell to April with an impromptu neighborhood gathering in our yard. The boys played basketball and Frisbee golf. And the girls wanted to play with squirt bottles and rags.

Here is a picture minutes before Matt saw them and told them to get off his car. I saw no problem though since his car is 100 years old (though VERY reliable!) and the girls were giving it its first wash-down in months.
Finally, we said our farewell to April and May 1st rolled around. We unpacked our fancy Derby hats and waited for our neighborhood pool to open. Lauren and Tyler have been counting down the days until the pool opened on May 1st. There was no way they were going to miss opening day.

I got their gear all ready.

Smiled for a picture.
And sent them out the door with Matt. The water is still freezing so there's no way I was going to go. Instead I stayed home and enjoyed some time to myself.

I did send the camera with Matt. (Please don't pay attention to how much better the pictures look when Matt is the one taking them.)

Fun in the Sun


The life jacket adds some swimming confidence.
(we have a pink and a blue one...who's wearing the pink? Tyler?)

He must be trying to get the water out of his ear.

Matt said the water was VERY cold (it's not a heated pool and it takes about a month of warm temps to heat up to comfortable) but the kiddos just couldn't stay out of it.
(Tera's brother Tyler is in the background.)
The pool must not have been that cold since Lauren, Tyler, Tera, big Tyler, Matt and Mr. Mike are all back out there today. And once again I'm enjoying some time to myself. (...changing the beds, folding laundry, prepping dinner, cleaning up, getting ready for baths and blogging.)

Happy May!

No comments: