Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

On Mother's Day we took a little hike. I wanted to have our picture taken by the sign (for the blog, of course) but Matt said there would be much better things to take pictures of. Guess who won?!

Here we are by the sign!
This was a very easy trail and both Lauren and Tyler had a blast. Lauren kept saying, "this is so much fun!" but Tyler kept tripping over vines and roots and who knows what. He (proudly!) came home with some "battle scars" on his hands and knees.





the fam
It was a great Mother's Day and I'm so proud to be Lauren and Tyler's Mama. They are true true blessings.

Today (Monday) while Lauren was at school, Tyler and I headed out to do the weekly grocery shopping. I finally remembered to take a picture of him in the shopping cart (aka "Buggy")

T gets comfy...

...and I continue shopping.

Poor guy was a little confused when he woke up and tried to wrestle out from under the groceries.
And yet, He Does This EVERY Time!
After school, Lauren brought home her best homework yet. On the front of the page they colored in a picture of a box. (The letter of the week was "X") On the back of the page (the one you see) they were asked to write some sentences about the box.
(transcription below)
"The box is blue.
My box has purple socks inside it and toys.
My box has a(n) elephant in it.
The box is destroyed."

My girl sure does have a "great imagination!" I'm so proud of her...and ohhhh to be a fly on the wall during that assignment.

I hope all three of my Mom's had a fantastic Mother's Day. Y'alls the best! Tomorrow we'll shift the focus to Matt's 30-something-th birthday.

No comments: