Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekly Menu - 5/3/10

Today Tyler and I did our weekly Monday grocery shopping. As usual he laid down in the "buggy" with his "soft blanket" (as opposed to the identical yet "scratchy blanket") and was asleep within 5 minutes. Why I didn't take a picture is beyond me but since he does this EVERY week perhaps I'll snap a shot next week. As usual I just piled the week's groceries around and on top of him. We received many comments and "oh Bless his Heart"s today.

Monday: Chicken with Creamy Dijon Sauce, Balsamic Cucumber and Tomato Salad & Italian Orzo (recipe on the bag of Orzo)

Monday review: The chicken was broiled for 9 minutes, turning once. It was moist and perfect. The Creamy Dijon Sauce was just so-so. (light mayo, lemon juice, dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt & pepper) The kiddos prefered ketchup for their dip. The Cucumber & Tomato salad was DELISH and the Italian Orzo was a tad bit spicy. (I used a can of HOT Rotels instead of the diced tomato. I loved it of course but it was a bit hot for the rest of the fam.) I also added blanched asparagus (which was on sale) to both the cucumber salad and orzo. A very satisfying meal.

Tuesday: Mediterranean Chopped Salad (with l/o chicken for Matt & kids)
Wednesday: Sloppy Chicken Pizza Joes
Thursday: left-overs or pantry dinner
Friday: Black Bean Lasagna & Garlic Bread
Saturday: Loaded Mexican Pizza & fruit
Sunday: Greek Pork Chops & Asparagus Risotto

No comments: