Thursday, May 13, 2010

sticky sweet

**Blogger just told me this is my 400th post*** WOW! Time flies. I recently looked back to my first few posts and am amazed at how much L and T have changed.

So now I'll wipe the tear from my eye and continue with our STICKY SWEET day.
While getting L on the bus this morning I noticed the thick humid air. We've been lucky the past few days with cooler temps (70s) and very low humidity. Today the STICKY came back...but at least it warmed up as well. I've been here for 4+ years now and 70 degrees has become too cold.

This afternoon while Ms. Maria (have I mentioned lately how much I love her?!) picked Lauren up from Art Club and brought her and Lea to the neighborhood pool, I took Tyler to SOCCER. This boy loves the futbol. He loves the competition, he loves playing with his friends and he loves to laugh at himself when he makes a mistake. It is so much fun to watch him play.

After the lesson was over he ran over to me all hot and STICKY. He said he'd really love a "nice cold SWEET Frosty treat." So we went to the building with the "flags flying all around it" (WENDY'S) and got the SWEET boy a Frosty.

I snapped a picture of him enjoying said Frosty in the car but he started to blink. Even though Taking a Picture While Driving is not illegal yet in our state I thought it would be in the best interest of everyone to just accept the photo as is. ;)
Other news:
I had lunch with a dear friend today. She brought me food from Athena's. I've been wanting to eat there ever since they opened. Let me tell you...the gyros (which i think? should be pronounced "J-eye-rose") did not disappoint.
Along with lunch, Susan also gave me a super cool birthday present.

A book by Amy Sedaris!I love to entertain and I love all things Sedaris. Check out my collection of books by Ms. Amy Sedaris's brother!
from the family room book shelf
I've read the front cover of the book so far and LOVE IT. My favorite quote (from the jacket of the book) is this tip on throwing a party.
"Try Filling your medicine cabinet with marbles. Nothing announces a nosy partygoer more successfully than an avalanche of marbles striking a porcelain sink."
LOVE IT

I'm excited to finish reading the book but also I'm excited at how well Tyler's Spring school pictures turned out. (how's that for transition?!!)

Doesn't this boy look adorable?!

What about the whole class?!! (T is the cutey on the left)
To conclude this STICKY SWEET post I must include these pics of my sweet L. She's attempting to make some masterpiece with tape.

And let me tell you...this is masterpiece enough! The girl taped her own mouth shut.
I love this girl!

1 comment:

brian said...

good lookin school picture for T