Thursday, May 6, 2010

my final days of my 32nd year

Today is my birthday and it was a good day. But before I get to my birthday post I have some pictures I need to share.

A couple of days ago while Lauren did her "Q" homework in her ballet outfit...
Tyler taught himself how to ride his bike FINALLY! (Matt is in the background fixing the lawn mower)


While they studied, fixed and played I made the most delicious dinner. I made Mediterranean Chopped Salad from March 2010 Southern Living Magazine. (I added half a cup of cubed cooked chicken to make Matt happy.)

the main ingredientssauteing chickpeas
all mixed togethermixed with chopped Romaine lettuce
YUMM
Yesterday, although Tyler didn't have school he was invited to the Petting Zoo his school was hosting. The Country Junction has a traveling petting zoo which came all the way to Tyler's school: cage, animals, hay and all.
Tyler liked it.

He liked it well enough to pet the animals outside of the cage.

He chose to pass on the inside petting tour.
After school, good friend Lea came over to play. They had their own sort of tea party.
playhouse dinnerware with real fish crackers and real water.
While the girls had their tea party, Tyler showed off his new biking skills.
This was a pretty exciting couple of days. Tyler learned to ride a bike and Lauren found the "Rabbit Speed" on her Jeep. She is now crazy (as crazy as Lauren can be) about her Jeep and wants to ride it everyday.

No comments: