Thursday, May 6, 2010

my birthday...29th??

The older I get, the harder it is to remember my age. 29 has a nice ring to it so I'll be sticking to it...until I'm lucky enough to turn 40.

Today was a fun day. I didn't do anything too exciting but everything ordinary seemed exciting.

My Facebook page was a hoppin'. It was cool to see so many people wish me a Happy Birthday. Who says Social Networks aren't good for anything?! Thanks y'all.

Lauren came home from school today with a huge gap in her top teeth. She lost her first top tooth at school. I asked her if she coughed and the tooth flew out and into her teacher's hair. She laughed and said it just came out when she wiggled it. Remind me to tell the Tooth Fairy to swoosh on by tonight.
(please don't notice Tyler in the background playing the Wii...he's always playing the Wii)
(for the entire 20 minutes he's allowed, 3 times per day)
(I'll be working on stricter limits soon.)

I had quite the birthday spread on the kitchen table today. I can't believe how many people care enough about me to send birthday cards, gifts, flowers, facebook posts etc. etc. I feel very blessed in my life. (note: this spread may also contain Mother's Day cards/gifts and Matt's birthday cards...but for the sake of this post I'll just pretend they are All For MEEEE.)
check it out!
Since it's my birthday (and my blog,) let's take a closer look.
Cards

gift from my rockin' Secret Mom
Trader Joe's Birthday Extravaganza
(I love TJs)

Lauren's Mother's day poem with hand-prints.
I love artwork with the stamp of time (i.e. 6 year old hand-prints.)

Beautiful flowers from GG
(Thanks Grams!!!)

Mother's Day flower from Tyler
he said it was a "daisy or something"
(or something)
a couple of bags
It was a great birthday.

I feel I must mention the Matt factor though.
Our birthday's must be unlucky for him this year.
For both Lauren and Tyler's birthday he was in the hospital fighting for his life. At least for my birthday he didn't get admitted but he did have to go in. (Not the emergency room but to the IDS office.) See, his stomach bug came back and in full force. The good thing is that this is just a very serious bug but not a life-threatening one. He's now back on the strong oral antibiotics until who-knows-when. We'll see what happens on his birthday in 5 days.

2 comments:

g.g. said...

Christine, you really have lots of loving family and friends that helped you celebrate 29 "again" You are truly a great Gal..Matt will just be happy to get rid of his unending infections for his "30th again" Sending him my love and he is truly in my prayers for a quick recovery fron this seeming unending problem..Love to all G.G.

g.g. said...

PS.. If you get tired of "coach Bag's" I do accept nand me downs, Just kidding..Wll maybe not.