Thursday, May 20, 2010

this week in pictures

Tyler discovered he could do Yoga on the Wii.

He actually got 3 stars.
Not sure the name of his pose but it looks perfect.

Lauren got her costume for her dance recital. They are cowgirls.
She'll get her cowgirl hat at the recital in June.

dancing for the parents
(you can see me in the mirror (purple tank-top))

Tyler snuggled with his blanket, a lot.
I went to Mom's Night Out for Game Night.
Lisa and Carey kicked my heiney at Pictionary Man.
My team dominated at Taboo so it wasn't a total loss.

Don't tell Matt about this picture because it's supposed to be Mom's Only.

Our neighborhood pool once again hosted playgroup.
We will be at the pool A LOT this summer.
Come on by any time.

My addiction to all the bargain blogs paid off this week.
I received my long awaited for jackpot.
For purchasing things like toothpaste, Clorox bleach and what not I received a big box from Procter and Gamble.

10-inch saute pan w/ lid, measuring cups, timer and spatula...all PINK for breast cancer awareness...and all for FREE!
also free:
(I wouldn't buy rice in a pouch unless it were free.)

It was alright...a little cardboard-ish...hopefully the Whole Grain was healthy.
The Greek Pork Chops and Summer Corn Salad, however, were DELISH.

We took our rice, corn and pork outside to enjoy the evening sun.

(Mr. T's awesome, no?!)

photo by Lauren
Notice I chopped my scraggly ends (all 4 inches of them.)

photo by Tyler
(ain't he handsome?!!)

Oh, and also a house in my neighborhood burned down Monday Night.
(all human family members escaped safely)

I don't have any words.
I'm good at making light of subjects and making jokes but there is absolutely no humor in the picture above. This family lost their home, pictures, hard drives, heirlooms, business (the father worked at home,) their private piece of this earth, EVERYTHING. The 4000 square foot house was a total loss. They were able to get their cars out but the Harley, cat and everything else inside is GONE.
I still tear up when I drive by it.

1 comment:

Anne Carlisle said...

That house is so sad....and I can only imagine their loss. We had a house fire 4 months after we bought our house, the first day of winter break, and it destroyed our bathroom and the smoke damage was terrible. We were out of our house and without a lot of belongings for 3 months and that was bad enough....I can't imagine losing it all.
They have each other at least....and hopefully fire insurance.
They are in my thoughts....and I'm so jealous of your weather:)
Anne C.