Thursday, April 29, 2010

Soccer Mom

Today, I was SOCCER MOM (echo, echo, echo)
and all the stereotypes which go along with the term.
I got up bright and early and made sure I looked my best while I ironed Matt's work clothes and made him a delicious hot breakfast which, of course, included bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, and everything else his heart desired.
Shoot.
I can't even type that with a straight face.
But I seriously was the SOCCER MOM today.

This afternoon Tyler and I picked up Lauren from Art Club at her elementary school.
(I'm dreading the day I need to limit his snuggle time with his blue blanket.)
After a quick stop and change of clothes at home we were off to the soccer fields. Tyler and Lauren both had soccer this evening. Tyler had practice first. He did great. He loves soccer. He has a Very Cool and Very Hip coach who likes to play Sponge Bob and Krabby Patties on the soccer field. This cracks Tyler up (since he's not "really" allowed to watch Sponge Bob at home) and ensures he has a fabulous time playing soccer.

After Tyler's practice was over we had about an hour to kill before it was time for Lauren's practice/game to start. We played on the playground and then we made our way to Lauren's soccer field where L and T kicked the ball back and forth and even encouraged another new friend to play with them.
I don't have any pictures to prove it but Lauren had THE BEST SOCCER GAME OF HER LIFE! She was almost aggressive and she got in there to kick the ball even if other kids were kicking as well. She did not cry at all and she ran and she kicked and she had me yelling (can you imagine me yelling?!) with praise whenever she was within earshot. I was tickled almost to tears at her performance tonight. Her soccer coach even came up to me after the game to say how great she did and how "awesome" it was to watch her. On our walk back to the car I told her that I thought she actually had fun tonight and that she might like to play soccer again someday.
She just smiled and didn't contradict me. I'm a happy Soccer Momma tonight!

that's my girl!
(when soccer ends at 7:30pm...we get Chick-Fil-A for dinner)

And that concludes my evening as Soccer Mom.
Currently I'm playing the role as the "Poker Players Wife"
This is not a problem so long as: #1. I have some TIVO'd shows to watch and #2. Matt WINS!

No comments: