Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Weekly Menu

Except for the Camarones Enchilados (from Real Simple magazine, 5/2010 issue) all recipes are from my Taste of Home Healthy Cooking 2009 Annual Recipes cookbook.

Monday: Pork Cutlets with Capers
my review: instead of the white wine (which I didn't have) I used chicken broth. Otherwise I followed the recipe. I LOVED it. It was a bit capery (salty) for Matt though. Both kiddos ate all of their pork (which they called chicken) dipped in ketchup. I served this with green beans I had in the freezer.

Tuesday: Italian Spinach & Chicken Skillet
my review: Matt offered to make this tonight. Who am I to refuse?! This was good but I didn't think it was spectacular. I thought it had a lot of cheese and Matt thought it had a lot of spinach. Lauren ate all of hers and Tyler had 2 or 3 bites without too much persuasion.

Wednesday: pantry dinner (Matt has a working dinner downtown)
Thursday: Black Bean 'n' Corn Quesadillas
Friday: Island Jerk Chicken and Sweet Pepper Wild Rice Salad
Saturday: left-overs or pantry dinner
Sunday: Camarones Enchilados

Next week I'm excited to cook from my new cookbook given to me today by my Secret Mom. I feel she knows me already!!

No comments: