Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wiikly Update

Tyler is a teeny-Wiiny bit obsessed with the Nintendo Wii. He wants to play it all the time.
on the weekends he prefers to play shirtless
When he wakes up in the morning or after a nap he immediately tells me a story involving something he did while playing the Wii. i.e. Remember when I beat Daddy at ping-pong? He especially loves to change the characteristics of his "Wii Guy." His current preference is dark skin and long hair. If I'd let him he would play it every waking minute.
(don't worry I do limit play time to no more than 8 hours per day)
Although I think he is a little bit too fixated on the video game, I've noticed it has had a positive impact on how he and his sister choose to entertain themselves in the real world. It has increased their desire to get out and try their new found Wii skills. i.e. bowling, Frisbee, sword-fighting (with pretend swords!) and now basketball.
A friend on Facebook posted she had a basketball hoop to get rid of. First one to claim it got it. I happened to be on-line when that post came through and I won myself a new-to-us Basketball Hoop. (now who says FB isn't a good thing?!)

We've all been shooting hoops and since he's had about 50 hours of b-ball practice on the Wii Tyler thinks he's pretty darn good.
This weekend Troy came over to play. Since Tyler was being snobby and playing the Wii Lauren got to have Troy all to herself. She showed him her new found love of the Jeep. (She will now use Rabbit Speed.)

She has also become skilled at backing out of the garage.
See you later!

and she's off

Speaking of off...I should get off of the computer. The kids are playing at Lea's house so I should go watch a show or something. I haven't watched a General Hospital all week.

No comments: