Monday, March 31, 2008

Tyler needs an alarm clock

Tyler opened his bedroom door and started yelling his "please, please" at 6:15 this morning. I had to tell him to go back to bed and he ran into a corner of his room. I put him back into bed and as I was leaving he was half way off the bed. He didn't open his door again but at 7:15 when Lauren got up he was just standing in his room waiting.

We had cereal and toast, our usual breakfast on the weekdays. Lauren's favorite is a bowl of mixed cereal. It doesn't matter what it is but she needs two different kinds. Tyler doesn't really care but he will eat whatever cereal and milk with his hands. After breakfast Lauren went into her play kitchen and started baking up a storm. She made birthday cakes for all of us and we all sang Happy Birthday to each of us.

For lunch we went downtown to see Matt. We ate at the Rice Box which is next to Trader Joes. We had to pick up some ground beef (Matt chose ground beef for tacos even though we could have picked up ground tofurkey or some other cool ground meat substitute). Oh well, he was cooking.

Dinner was good. Lauren had a cheese burrito, followed by a cheese and tomato burrito and then to top it off she wanted a cheese, tomato and black olive burrito. She ate as much as I did. And afterwards on the way to the Y for my step class I realized that I should have stopped at 2 burritos. The whole family went to the Y and Matt did one of my workouts for the treadmill. I was pleased to hear that it was as hard for him as it is for me. When we picked up the kids in the childwatch Lauren wasn't too quick to come out. She was busy listening to a story and apparently had a good time.

When we got home the basement was already full of the poker crew ready to play the Monday night game. And that's where they are now. The kids went to bed quickly and I'm about to head up there now.

I hope you enjoyed our day which pretty much revolved around food. Tomorrow L has school and then in the evening she has her spring recital. That will be fun to watch.

Sorry no pics today. I took one of Tyler in one of his birthday outfits but it turned out too blurry to make out. G'night y'all.

No comments: