Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I can't believe Lauren is 4!

We've sure had an exciting long weekend. Brad, our good friend from Eugene, OR flew in on Saturday for the Nascar Race at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. Brad just oozes excitement and adventure so I don't need to mention that he made the race a fun experience although it was actually a little boring. (no big wrecks or big passes that would cause some excitement.) One of the 2 most interesting things about the race was an "almost" fight between the "prison tat (tattoo) crew" and the "redneck crew" who sat a few rows ahead of us. Nothing ever broke out but the tension and immediate response of the Georgia State Police made it potentially exciting. =) The other most interesting thing was Brad following through with a little bet we had. You'll have to ask him about that one though. lol.

And for the most unbelievable and exciting news of this new year.... Lauren turned 4 years old today. I just looked in the mirror and I can't believe I'm old enough to have a four year old. She had school today so to celebrate we brought in cupcakes for her whole class. I was able to come for the birthday celebration. She was wearing her birthday hat and was sure the talk of the students. Tyler and I were invited to come play on the playground during "recess" too. Tyler clicked immediately with her friends and was off playing with the trucks and the dirt. Lauren, in the meantime, showed me her skills on the slides.

After school we took a nap and then after dinner we had our family birthday celebration. Lauren opened lots of presents and then we had some ice-cream cake. She was so into this birthday which was awesome to see. She loved opening presents and just like I used to do...she ignored the clothes and dove right into the toys. =) (she so! needed the clothes though.) We played with both of her new computer games before we went to bed.

The celebrations aren't quite over, however. We are having her birthday party for her friends this Saturday at a local jumping toys facility. Y'all are invited.

To top off this wonderful day today...Tyler said Mommy (well sort of) for the first time. I took a picture of him and I, which you'll be able to see in the link below, and I showed him the picture and asked who that was (I was pointing to myself.) And for the first time EVER...I heard him say "Mommy". I asked him twice just so I could hear it again. It was heart melting to hear and I can't wait to hear it again.

Here are all the pictures from this weekend. There would be more but Brad somehow lost his camera at the races which had quite a few pics on it. Regardless, enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellentee/sets/72157604101980037/show/

No comments: