Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter....all week

We've been pretty busy with all the Easter activities that I haven't been able to get a posting done. That'll be my excuse this time.

Thursday:
Lauren had her Easter party at school. I forgot to bring her Easter basket so she was a little upset but she got to borrow a basket they had at school. Festivities included an Easter egg hunt on the playground, a foam Easter egg craft and of course lots of snacks. Tyler was pretty grumpy and throwing tantrums the whole time because he wanted to stay and play on the playground.

**side note on Thursday: I saw a University of Oregon front license plate just like mine on another car! I tried to catch up with her but she turned before I could. Hopefully I'll see her again and ask if she went there or just jumped on the cool bandwagon that I started with my license plate. =)

Friday:
Easter continued at our playgroup today. We went to Abigail's house and her parents set up an Easter egg hunt in their yard. My camera was on the wrong setting so none of the pics turned out. Lauren and Tyler had fun finding the eggs and got lots of candy. After the hunt we went inside and the kids got to play more while Nicole, Claudine and myself (the mom's) talked. That night we colored Easter eggs and then we had Morgan come over to watch the kids while we went to Taco Mac to watch the Duck game. Not a happy ending for the Ducks but we were happy to get out of the house.

Saturday:
Yet another Easter egg hunt. This was at the church where Lauren goes to school. There were so many kids going for the eggs that Lauren only got 2 and Tyler got 1 egg. They did get some popcorn and cotton candy and Lauren even won a stuffed bear she calls "doggy." She's been taking it everywhere. So now her entourage is comprised of Cat Baby, Bella and "doggy". That night we went to Easter service at our church and then it was poker for Matt while I watched the movie Rendition.

Sunday:
Easter is finally here. I asked Lauren what Easter meant and she said finding eggs. I asked her what else it meant and she said "Jesus is alive". That will work for me. The kids got a lot of Easter presents. 2 Easter baskets with lots of candies and toys. Tyler got a big Thomas the Train (it's actually a carrying case but don't tell him). It's the size of a briefcase and he takes it everywhere. I got him up this morning and Daddy let him take it to bed...in his crib. After we exhausted our baskets we went to the park to enjoy the sunshine. That was about it for our Easter Sunday. During nap time Matt attempted some improvements on his mini-chopper. I'll let him talk about that in his own posting, ok Matt?!

Now that Easter is over...we move on to Tyler's birthday...TODAY!! Happy 2nd Birthday Mr. T. More to come as we'll be having our little family birthday party later tonight when Matt gets home from work.

No comments: