Thursday, March 27, 2008

we're back

After school on Tuesday we loaded up the car and headed down to Jacksonville. Matt had a leadership conference to attend and the kids and I went to get some sun. Matt had a rough morning waiting for Lauren to finish up with school. Since he was home and it was out of the norm, Tyler wanted constant attention from only him. He whined pretty much the whole morning. Since there was nothing I could do I went downstairs and worked out and then took a shower. (I took complete advantage of Tyler wanting nothing to do with me...sorry Matt.) Finally it was time to get Lauren and begin our mini vacay.

After a very smooth trip the kids were very excited/wired when we got the hotel room. They ran around and played and played until around 10pm when they went to bed without any fuss. Tyler, for the first time, slept in his sleeping bag (sectioned off with an over-turned table) instead of his pak-n-play. And Lauren had a pull out sofa all to herself. We managed to get an executive suite at the Jacksonville Hyatt to give us some elbow room.

Wednesday Matt was at the conference all day and the kids and I explored all over the waterfront. I even got a jog in. We watched trains, chased birds and explored all over. We had lunch at a greek deli where the employees all spoke French and then headed back for a naps. (all of us.) For dinner we went to our favorite little Italian restaurant and then back to the hotel to play until around 10pm again.

Today Matt finished up with his conference and then we quickly packed to head home so he could attend a Sportsman's Dinner at the fairgrounds here in town. While he was at the dinner Dana came over and brought stuff to make chicken fajitas. It was a good dinner and the kids all played well together. Now Matt's back home from his dinner but went immediately to the basement to play a couple games of poker with the boys. He's going to be tired tomorrow!

That about catches y'all up. I uploaded the pics from our trip. I just replace them on my Flickr account since the free account only lets me keep 3 sets at a time. So the previous links in previous posts probably won't show the correct pictures. When I take more time I'll try and find a better way to display the groups of pictures that correspond to each post.

Anyway enjoy the pics from our mini vacation.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellentee/sets/72157604221863601/

No comments: