Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Weekly Menu 12-2-2013

Some anonymous commenter posted on my last post from two long weeks ago requesting a "new blog please please."  I'm guessing this is from one of my three readers.  Either my Mom (Grammy,) my other Mom (Grandma Jan,) or most likely, my brother Brian.  So to appease Mr. Anonymous, while I'm working on a bigger and better post about our wonderful visit with Grammy mixed up with a trip to St. Augustine, FL and topped with a super yummy Thanksgiving dinner shared with my cousin Kelly, I will give you a teaser post with the Weekly Menu.

Weekly Menu  12-2-2013
Most of my meals this week are from the Weight Watchers 360 Cookbook: Turn Up the Flavor
This is a newer cookbook so a lot of the recipes won't be on-line yet and I won't be able to link to them.  Also, if you want to buy this cookbook don't buy it from Amazon but go to a Weight Watchers location...it will be much cheaper.

Monday:  Impossibly Easy Mini Cheeseburger Pies (recipe found on the box of Bisquick I just bought)
Tuesday:  Peachy Pork Roast with Dijon Mustard & green beans & Texas Toast
(This was delish!!! so I included my adapted recipe below.)
Wednesday:  Crispy Quesadillas with Black Beans and Cheese
Thursday:  Spice-Rubbed and Vinegar-Glazed Chicken Breasts & veggies & fruit & bread
Friday:  Shrimp and Penne Arrabbiata & Texas Toast
Saturday:  BUNCO - Matt and kids on their own
Sunday:  Slow-Cooker White Bean and Spinach Burritos

Peachy Pork Roast with Dijon Mustard
(based on the Simply Peachy Pork Roast with Lavender and Mustard recipe from the Weight Watchers Turn Up the Flavor Cookbook)

3 t. minced garlic
1 T. dried thyme
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 lb. pork tenderloin
1/4 c. peach preserves
2 T. dijon mustard

1.  Preheat oven to 400F.  Spray roasting pan with nonstick spray or cover with non-stick foil.
2.  Mix garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in small bowl.  Spray pork with olive oil non-stick spray; rub thyme mixture all over pork.  Place pork in prepared pan and roast 20-25 minutes.
3.  Meanwhile, stir together preserves and mustard in a small bowl; brush all over pork.  Roast until the center of the pork is 140F (medium) About 10 minutes longer.  Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.  Cut into slices.
(serves 4)


Happy Eats and I promise to post again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another week gone by and no new blog. Just say'in.