Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good Eats

We very rarely eat out and I cook almost every night (it's my passion and my hobby.) I don't always post our dinners (probably because I'm too hungry to snap a picture before devouring them) but if they are any good, I save the recipes. I have stack of recipes next to my computer in my "do something with these please" pile. Today I pass the pile onto you.

Blackened Chicken and Beans from Taste of Home, Dec/Jan 2010/11
serve with or over green salad

Soft Fish Tacos from Taste of Home, Dec/Jan 2010/11
Yum (feel free to omit the avocados...I'm not a fan)

Creamy Vegetable Chowder from Taste of Home, Dec/Jan 2011
It was a bit spicy for the family but I loved it.
I served it with Italian bread made from frozen Publix dough.

Larry's Favorite Prune Cake
I made this with our New Years Day meal. The round cake represents coming a full circle which (from what I've heard) brings good luck to the new year. I'll take it!

Lemony chicken Saltimbocca
from Cooking Light Jan/Feb 2011
everyone ate this!
I served it with the Wilted Spinach variation of Spinach with Garlic Vinaigrette. Follow the third paragraph under "Preparation." Lauren loved this side dish.

Cajun Shrimp and Rice
from Taste of Home, Dec/Jan 2010/11

Cheesy Meat Loaf Minis from Cooking Light Jan/Feb 2011
I loved the chunks of cheese. These were served with:
Two Tone Potato Wedges from Taste of Home Dec/Jan 2010/11

Spinach Tortellini en Brodo
from Skinnytaste.com
love her!

Cuban Sandwich Quesadillas from Skinnytaste.com
I made these for dinner the other day. We all devoured them and then Matt made himself another one to take to work with him the next day. These were that good. They were so good that I e-mailed a friend who is opening a Cuban Restaurant in the coming months and requested a similar recipe to be included on the menu.

I hope you click on and enjoy these recipes. Good Eats to You All.

No comments: