Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes

David Bowie sang about them before Matt and I were born and now they are finally making their way to our house. I'm not sure these were the Changes he sang about...but ch-ch-Changes are coming our way.

First off, a package of THIS arrived at my door step today.


I thought we were doing just fine with our money. We don't have any debt except for our house and an interest free loan on our vehicle. (Props to our interest free loaner!!!) We pay our credit card off every month (no matter what.) Yet, Matt insists we will both learn from this. I'm game, I guess. If I think we are doing well right now then what's wrong with doing even better? right??

The other change coming our way deals with the kiddos. This Christmas, said kiddos received many...way too many electronic devices and games. If given the choice they would play these day in and day out. (Wii, iPad, Leapsters, computers, DS, TV)

Matt and I have both noticed a change in their almost always pleasant attitudes. And let it be said, a change for the worse. I asked Matt (the Excel expert) to come up with a spreadsheet to help us keep track of the children's "screen time." ("Screen time" includes any and all time in front of an electronic device...gaming devices and TV all included.)

They are both (very liberally) allowed 120 minutes of "screen time" per day. This spreadsheet will help them be accountable.


Let's hope it works!

"Time may change me but I can't trace time."
(I'm not sure how these Bowie lyrics fit in with my blog post but I needed a closing.)

No comments: