Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What a Weekend!

Of course, I am referring to the Oregon Ducks' Civil War Victory over the Oregon State Beavers (why my brothers chose to go there, I'll always wonder) and claiming their spot in the National Championship Game. One Hundred and Fourteen years in the making!! Freddie the Frog and Jerry Allen both got choked up.

Before Freddie went back to Tyler's pre-school class he wanted to take a photo with THE HAT.


I included this photo in Tyler's "Weekend with Freddie the Frog" scrapbook.
We'll Miss You Freddie!
The hat was so appealing that even Lauren and Tyler's friend wanted to wear it. I sent him downstairs to the basement to show his Dad (who happens to be an Auburn alum/fan.) I heard a lot of yelling about "we're Auburn fans and we don't wear Oregon hats" and yadda yadda yadda.
But when the kid came back upstairs I taught him the Oregon fight song and he totally went with it. I'm pretty sure he has been rehabilitated. (I'm doing my job one five-year-old at a time.)
Hard to do, but moving on:

Tonight's dinner was Mexican Chicken-Hominy Soup with Cumin-Lime Tortilla Chips.
Oh my...De-Lish!
I will make this again (and again.)
The Cumin-Lime Tortilla chips tasted great, were easy to make and didn't taste much different than traditional tortilla chips. I may never over-spend on a bag of chips again.

What a weekend it was and here's to a great week.

No comments: