Thursday, December 16, 2010

Healthy Holidays to you!

I really do hope you all have a Healthy Holiday but part of me said that just so I could grab some good karma or "pay-it-forward" points. Lauren has not been healthy this week and now Tyler is coming down with a cold. Maybe by Christmas we'll all be A-O-Kay.

Lauren missed school on Monday and Tuesday with a low-grade fever. She has the mellowest flu ever...low grade fever but no uncomfortable symptoms. I really thought she was on the mend so on Wednesday I sent her in to school. I also sent her in so I could go see Tyler's Christmas Program. "Room Around the Manger" (which Tyler calls "Ring Around the Manger.")

It was a cute production and Tyler maybe sang 2 words out of the 4 songs his class performed. While "singing" he was able to get both arms clear inside his sweater which is no easy task mind you.

Tyler is the stud in the middle with the black and gray sweater.

After the Christmas program all the 4 year Pre-schoolers got to decorate gingerbread houses.
Not to brag but I think Tyler and I made THE best gingerbread house and Christmas tree.
This is Tyler's "beaming with PRIDE" smile.
Since Lauren went to school on Wednesday I decided she was also well enough for gymnastics (not pictured) and Girl Scouts. In retrospect...it seems like a L-O-N-G day for a weakened immune system. But anyhoo:

Here she is at Girl Scouts with her GS Junior "sister". (also named Lauren!)

the troop
Daisy's (K-1) in blue and Juniors (gr. 4-5)
(Lauren is the blondest in blue)
That night, at home, she looked a bit pale with red eyes and bright red lips. I took her temperature and dang it...101.5 degrees. My "send her to school" limit is 100 flat. 100 = no fever 100.1 = fever.

So today, Thursday, Lauren missed school once again. We took it easy after dropping Tyler off at his school by getting a warm chocolate at Barnes and Noble (along with a gift card for her teacher.) We also picked up our Christmas cards, used Lauren's Grammy money to buy a Zhu Zhu pet and a thermos for both her and Tyler, bought a gift for her soon-to-be baby cousin (Congrats Kevin and Mili!) some groceries, and of course Chik-Fil-A. I'm sure Chick-Fil-A heals just as well as Chicken Soup. Right?!

Lauren with her chapped red lips and warm chocolate at Barnes and Noble.
My relaxing day did not quite cut it for Lauren. By 4pm her fever was back up to 102. She said she felt fine though. I gave her some ibuprofen and she was immediately back up and bothering her brother.

Today was Tyler's last day of school before Christmas break. (Lauren's last day is next Tuesday.) The plan tomorrow is to hang out at home and do absolutely nothing until Lauren finally kicks this flu to the curb.

Before I go I'll leave you with a couple instances of "Tyler says/does the cutest things!"

Instance Number One:
Tyler was telling me about his latest coolest Lego creation when Daddy walked in the door from work. Tyler told me, "Just a minute Momma." He quickly ran over to Daddy and gave him a big hug around the waist. Just as quickly and without saying a word he ran back over to me and continued with his story about the Lego creation.

Instance Number Two:
Lately at dinner Tyler has started up a new dinner time tradition. He goes around naming who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and then says that is the order we need to tell something about our day. I'm pretty sure I've tried to do this in the past but until it was "Tyler's idea" no one was having it. Now it is fun for everyone and I get to hear A LOT more about T and L's days at school.

And I'll say it again:
Healthy Holidays to Us All!!

No comments: