Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oregon v Auburn Diaries

Living in Georgia (and way too close to Auburn, Alabama) you can imagine I've been having some interesting conversations about the BCS National Championship Game.
#1 Auburn vs. #2 OREGON
I thought I'd write about some of them as they come up.

Most of the time my intelligent? Auburn fan friends just cry "War Eagle" to me. Occasionally, however, I'll run into a real conversation like I did today.

Dear Diary,

I was at JC Penney's today wearing my Oregon Duck t-shirt when a sales associate came up to me and said I was the first Oregon fan he'd seen. I jokingly asked him if he'd ever seen an Auburn fan. He answered with a smile, "I am Auburn." After the congratulatory chit-chat, I told him that I was glad Cam (Cam Newton) was able to play because WHEN *cough* if we win I didn't want anyone to come up with any excuses. He said he agreed and mentioned the Auburn vs. South Carolina game. He didn't want Auburn to play an injured South Carolina. We then wished each other good luck and went on our ways.
Dear Diary, wouldn't it be cool if I could show more Oregon Duck support and bring more Green and Yellow into Georgia?!

So-oo, if you are a true Oregon fan (or want to remain my friend) make sure you buy and display an Oregon front license plate like I have. And if you happen to live in Oregon and are required to have a government issued front license plate then go ahead and buy one and send it to me. I'll discreetly put it on one of my friend's cars. Let's get the word out! =)

Go Ducks!

No comments: