Sunday, September 26, 2010

these whippersnappers and their technology

Saturday morning we all rocked out to our individual electronic distractions. Matt was at the computer, I caught up with the DVR and Lauren and Tyler confiscated our Ipods. Lauren watched a movie and Tyler listened to music.

"see Mama, it's 'The Incredibles'"
multitasking


next song
Once we unplugged our electronic devices we headed out to Tyler's soccer game. Matt who is the assistant coach was the head coach today because the real head coach was doing something called a 70.3. Sounds nerdy and weak to me but what do I know. (*wink at you Dave. Seriously, Huge Congrats!)

Tyler (in shades) chills with his teammates Hudson and Madasyn before the game.
Lauren is in the background.
A couple stories from the game:

1. The game was pretty chaotic (but fun!) and Tyler managed to score a goal. His only goal of the game. After he scored he shot both hands straight into the air and yelled "GOOOAAAAALLLLL." If a kid from the other team had scored and celebrated for THAT long I may have been irritated. But this was my kid and I was all sorts of proud! Way to go Tyler! After he scored, and celebrated, he earned bonus "favorite son" points by yelling in my direction, "Mama, I scored a GOAL!" I Love that kid!

2. Saturday was the Boise State v. Oregon State football game. Matt and Lauren wore their Boise State t-shirts to the soccer game. I'm pretty sure mine was dirty so I wore my Oregon Duck t-shirt. After the game I noticed a man approaching us from a couple of fields over. When he arrived he asked Matt and I where we were going to watch the game. Turns out he was an OSU alumn relocated to Georgia. (small world, no?!) He also told Matt that he could not talk to me because he was a Beaver fan and I was wearing a Duck's clothing. I told him that I could not bring myself (down) to wear Orange and Black but I could possibly be happy if an Oregon team won. It was a fun happenstance conversation.

As we all know Boise State came away with the much deserved win. Matt and I actually stayed up late enough to watch the entire game.

It was a great weekend. We had a fun Sunday as well with church, friends, football, shopping (me) and working out (me, again.) Monday is going to be here all too soon so I better go get myself prepared.
G'Night Y'all.

No comments: