Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pizza Party

While Lauren and Tyler watch Alice and Wonderland (the 1999 version) via-Netflix-via-the-Wii and while Matt watches the Oregon State v. Boise State pre-game show I thought I'd blog about Tyler's Pizza Party he took with his school.

But before I get to the Pizza Party, let me tell you about a fun conversation I had with Lauren the other day.

The other day...
Lauren was setting up a new profile on the Wii. It asked her for a nickname and she asked me what her nickname was. I told her I didn't give her a nickname yet but if she wanted one we could call her "Laurie" or "L." She nixed both my choices but asked me how to spell "LAR-en" I've blogged about this before but "LAR-en" is the Southern pronunciation of "Lauren" (LOR-en.) A lot of her teachers, friends, friends' moms call her "LAR-en" and I think she's getting used to it. However, just for the record I'm partial to "LOR-en."

Thursday, Tyler had his school field trip to Partner's Pizza. It was a beautiful day so we took advantage of the lingering 90 degree weather and walked to the pizza parlor.

Tyler sat with good friends Ian and Aiden.

Mr. Johnny taught them all about pizza dough. He even got two pizza dough(s?) stuck in the rafters after tossing them too high.
He scored many, MANY points with the Pre-K-ers by doing that!


More than one parent said Tyler looked just like me.
Ain't he cute?
He does favor his Mama, no?!

The children got to make their own pizza, tour the kitchen while the pizza baked, and then got to eat their creation.
YUMM!
It was a fun afternoon. It was even more fun since I didn't have to come home and serve lunch.

No comments: